Leadership Assessment is a proven, structured, comprehensive, objective and tailor-made evaluation methodology to assess the leadership competencies of top and middle level managers as well as to benchmark the existing management team of the company against the current market. It is related to a specific set of criteria, (specific for position, role or managerial level), based on professional and documentable observations and measures.
Leadership Assessment provides a thorough and objective analysis of each executive’s strengths and weaknesses from an external and objective point of view. That adds considerable value to any decision process as well as serves also as an objective platform for feedback.
To fully understand the current skills and future potential of an executive, a multidimensional assessment process is required.
Amrop in Lithuania is able to help you to define the strategically most important and critical areas of the job of the CEO (or Board member) as well as evaluate the current potential / individuals in these positions. Amrop in Lithuania explores and connects your critical contextual dimensions: from your strategy and culture, to the needs of your candidates, internal and external.
If all the board is assessed, Amrop in Lithuania can help to ensure that your board members have the right level of diversity in terms of skills, experience and representation. Our partners have many years of experience with uncovering current qualifications and future requirements and through our analysis we ensure that your board becomes a balanced group of individuals that focus on the right issues according to your company strategy.
We work closely with both the chairman and board members and the results of our review are presented with our recommendations for future action.
While Leadership assessment can provide benefits at any time, our experience shows that companies most often ask for this service in following situations:
– Identification of High Potential
– Mergers, Acquisitions & Due diligence
– Unsatisfactory results or key persons leaving the company
– New CEO
– Filling management vacancies and promotion
– Identification of competence gaps and focus areas for key people training and development
– New strategic development or establishment of new business
Leadership Assessment is performed by using a set of professional tools that includes:
– Interviews (Structured competency based interviews conducted on a 2:1-basis and carried out by experienced senior level interviewers);
– CV analysis;
– Strategic exercise and/or simulation.
– Benchmarking (Comparison of the person against an external standard of recognized leaders of the market);
– Reference checking (An investigation of a person’s previous employment history, qualifications, performance and personality using the person’s relevant work related contacts at all levels/ 360°);
– Personality testing (Measuring the person with well-validated psychometric instruments, developed for business needs, which produces comprehensive and reliable profile)
Usually at least 2-3 from the above mentioned tools are used in assessment. Based on over 7000 Assessments, Amrop has built insight into multiple assessment tools and constructed a robust portfolio. Since no tools are Amrop-owned, our suggestions are objectively tailored to each project: its nature and purpose, the tools already in use by the client and the seniority of assessees.
As a result, the client receives objective and professional evaluation of every single participant and an overview of the management team with our findings and recommendations (whom to keep / re-place, what training is required to keep competitive knowledge, who will be a driver of the cultural/organizational change, who will probably not be able to push your company forward in the way you want him or her to do, etc.).
1. Pre-analysis: Identify strategic challenges and competencies for evaluation. Study organization and culture. Agree on process.
2. Assessment: (Recommended) 2 in-depth interviews (Business and Personal/social). CV analysis, personality test, strategic exercise, reasoning test and simulation. Cross over review or 360 exercise. Evaluation of individual motivation.
3. Reports and Feedback: Quantitative and qualitative evaluation of strengths, weaknesses and potential. Self-scoring. Recommendations for success in position. Feedback to participant and client.
4. Full Debriefing: Conclusions and recommendations: regarding individual Managers, the Management Team, the Organization.
5. Follow-up and Knowledge Transfer: Evaluation of process (HR). Follow up on client and on each Manager.